uTrade Algos

How do I pledge the securities held in my demat account towards my margin obligations?

You may initiate a pledge request by submitting a form detailing the specific securities you intend to pledge, including quantity, ISIN code, and any essential information required. Share India will proceed to create a pledge based on your request, effectively freezing the pledged securities in your demat account. This action restricts their transfer or sale until the pledge is released.

Once established, the pledged securities’ value can be utilised to fulfil your margin requirements, acting as collateral to cover your margin obligations.

However, it’s important to note that you can only pledge up to 90 per cent of the securities held in your demat account; the remaining 10 per cent cannot be pledged.